Charities invited to apply for funding from Small Grants Programme
Earlier this year, the Social Investment Fund (SIF) launched a new small grants programme aimed at charities and non-profit organisations which support Bailiwick residents. £220,000 was distributed to nineteen different organisations.
Applications for another Small Grants Programme are now open, for registered charities or NPOs operating within or to benefit the Bailiwick of Guernsey. Applications should be focused on people in our Bailiwick community, on the services and support they need, or are of benefit to our community.
Under the programme, organisations can apply for a grant of up to £25,000 to put towards one-off projects or ongoing expenses of a year’s duration, such as salaries or running costs. Applications must support one of the following outcomes:
- Improving the lives of people with specific needs, disadvantages or vulnerabilities
- Employment, education or training opportunities
- The protection of our natural environment, culture and heritage
- Improved health and wellbeing for our community
- An inclusive community, which challenges the barriers causing disadvantage ordiscrimination
The first round of small grants funding saw a wide range of applicants receive support, for
grants of hundreds of pounds up to larger grants of £25,000 to support the running costs of charities providing key services such as the Cheshire Home, Mencap and Relate Guernsey. Many of the smaller grants supported equipment, development of services or training courses.
Download the press release